Blog Description


This blog is for sharing one of the six loving exchanges between vaishnavas - bhajana katha sravanam alapa - sharing and discussing bhajan topics with devotees.

It is also my humble attempt to follow the instruction my gurudeva would give at the end of every class: take these pastimes and instructions into your heart. Therefore in the hopes that it will make some impression in my heart, I am sharing lecture notes, quotes, book excerpts, and other words from the brahma-madhva-gaudiya sampradaya and vaisnava/is around the world.


Thursday, September 27, 2012

O Nitai! Nitai! Nitai! His mercy...





emana nirghrna more keba krpa kare
eka nityananda vinu jagat bhitare

Sri Caitanya-caritamrta (Ädi-lila 5.205–207)

“I am more sinful than Jagai and Madhai and even
lower than worms in stool. Anyone who hears my
name loses the results of his pious activities. Anyone
who utters my name becomes sinful. Who in this
world but Nityananda could show His mercy to such
an abominable person as me?”

as found in: The Rays of the Harmonist, no. 18, Kartik 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment